West Bengal WBPRB Excise Constable Exam Pattern 2019: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board conducts the examination(s) for the recruitment of 3000 West Bengal Police Excise Constable vacancies 2019. The candidates who have applied or aspiring to apply, must know about the type of examinations to be conducted for this recruitment and their patterns or schemes. We have provided the latest WBPRB Excise Constable Exam Scheme details i.e. No of papers, Duration of the Exam, Maximum no of questions and their marks on the page below based on the information provided by the selection board.
Read below to download the WBPRB Excise Constable Examination Pattern 2019 PDF, Other important details about the examination and official links. The candidates should always visit the WBPRB Excise Constable Official Website for any clarifications.
Download WBPRB Excise Constable Exam Pattern & Scheme 2019
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board has released the notification for the recruitment of 3000 West Bengal Police Excise Constable (Including Lady constables) vacancies.
WBPRB EXCISE CONSTABLE Exam Pattern Details:
1. Preliminary Written Test (Full Marks - 100) :
- Applicants provisionally considered eligible will have to appear in an MCQ based preliminary written test which is qualifying in nature.
- There would be 100 objective type questions having multiple choice (four choices) of answers carrying equal marks each.
- The duration of this test will be 1(one) hour.
- The competence of a candidate in Bengali/ Nepali will also be tested at this test. Questions for Preliminary Written Test except those meant for Bengali/ Nepali language will be set in three languages (Bengali, Nepali & English)
- Questions of the Preliminary Written Test shall be from the following subjects
- Test of language (Bengali/ Nepali) - 50 Marks
- General Awareness & Reasoning - 50 Marks
- There will be NEGATIVE marking for each wrong answer 1/4th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
2. Physical Measurement Test (PMT):
The physical standards (height and weight) of the candidates who will qualify in the Preliminary Written Test will be tested by using Electronic Machines following criteria mentioned under physical standards.
3. Physical Efficiency Test (PET): The Candidates who qualify in PMT will be allowed to take part in PET :
- Male candidates : Long distance run - 1600 metres in maximum 6 minutes 30 seconds
- Female candates : Long distance run - 400 metres in maximum two minutes.
4. Final Written Test (FWT) :
All the candidates who qualify in the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be called to appear in the Final Written Test to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board
- The Final Written Test will have 90 (ninety) Multiple Choice (Four choices) Objective Type Questions (MCQs) each carrying equal marks
- The duration of the test will be 1 (One) hour and 30 minutes
- Question paper will be set in three languages (Bengali, Nepali & English) except questions on English language
- Question of the Final Written Test shall be from the following subjects
- General Awareness and General Knowledge : 30 Marks
- English : 30 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) - 20 Marks
- Reasoning - 10 Marks
- There will be NEGATIVE marking for each wrong answer. th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each wrong answer
5. Interview - Full Marks (10 Marks):
A limited number of candidates will be called for Interview in accordance with merit. In the Interview, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. On the basis of the marks obtained in the Final Written Test and the Interview, a merit list of the provisionally selected candidates will be prepared by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
6. Verification of Character Antecedents:
All provisionally selected candidates will be required to fill up a "Verification Roll" which will be thoroughly enquired into by the authority concerned
7. Medical Examination:
After receipt of Verification Roll having "NO OBJECTION" all provisionally selected candidates will be sent for Medical Examination at the State Government designated hospitals.